Saturday, June 20, 2009

(Probably) The Last Wedding Post You'll Read on this Blog

Quite the adorable couple, no? Rickey on the left sporting the 'Lil Slugger baseball cap, (clearly foreshadowing his illustrious softball career) and Mrs. Henderson on the right rocking the bangs and pigtails. This little locket just happens to be Mrs. Henderson's wedding gift. Cutting up those photos to fit into the locket got me wondering: what would things have been like had I met my wife Erika when we were wee kids? She'd probably have beaten me up a couple times for hogging the swings at the playground, I'd tease her for her love of pigs, she'd laugh at my irrational fear of raisins, and maybe, just maybe, I'd get a little peck on the cheek at the end of the day.

How'd the wedding go? In a sentence, everything went wrong and then everything went right. There were flat tires, dead car batteries, late shuttle buses, house fires, malfunctioning ovens, broken collar bones, rainy weather, and cash registers that spat out a price of $6.66 for two bagels and a cup of coffee, but once we exchanged vows, all was well. There's a book waiting to be written about everything that's happened over the past week, and yet all that craziness was quickly forgotten once "The Only Living Boy in New York" started playing. We ate, we drank, we laughed, we danced, and I got to wake up next morning with a ring on my hand and a beautiful woman next to me who I have the incredible honor of calling my wife. Life is good.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

7 comments:

Suzanne said...

Congratulations Ricky!
Both mine and my husbands car broke down 4 days before our wedding. But everything always works out, that was 24 years ago and we laugh about it now.
You and your wife will have lots to look back on and laugh about in the years to come!

Statler said...

Congrats!

HC said...

Congratulations you guys! Adam and I were sorry to miss the festivities -- happy to hear that in the end your wedding was a big success (i.e. you are now legally united) depite some technical difficulties. Have a wonderful honeymoon and we'll see you when you get back!

Toasty Joe said...

Congrats, Rickey!

Noah said...

Thrilled for you and the Mrs., Rickey! Have fun on your wild adventure honeymoon.

Mr Furious said...

Congratulations!

AmyV said...

I'm so happy for the Hendersons!